Thursday, July 26, 2012

Unity with Fire

  



Watching the staff lighting the small containers in the daylight made me think this wasn't going to be anything special, until the sun went down and the music turned up. The intense music covered the area and created a peaceful ambiance. The fire show at South Bank London was something to be seen.



Once I started walking through the pathway the sight was stunning. London's spectacles seem to be less about the immediate wow factor and more about creating a feeling of unity throughout the largely populated city. This spectacle was so interesting because it gave me a feeling of unity with this eccentric part of London. The intensity of the lights and sounds couldn't have been more special to experience. I was not only observing these lights and sounds but I was a part of it's world.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment